Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Let me explain a little more about my two key points. The first, on rejoining the EU - I agree that we won't be offered identical terms as we have now, they will almost certainly be worse. My point is that if we leave and then subsequently apply to rejoin, we'll almost certainly immediately meet the minimum qualifying criteria and won't have to join the back of the queue and have a shopping list of requirements (like, say, Turkey). We'd be welcomed back with open arms.

On the spinning point - what I mean here is that you cannot hide certain things. If there is a queue of lorries backing up to Maidstone from Dover, you can't hide that. If we don't have enough nurses and the NHS waiting list grows, you can't hide that. If there is a house price crash, yes, you could spin that as being good for first time buyers....but the Tories wouldn't be amused as their relative wealth will have fallen. Equally, rising interest rates because of a falling pound, Black Wednesday style, can't be hidden.

But, if I put my faith in Boris Johnson and Charlie Elphicke, I am sure none of this will happen anyway.....

end link