Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well, one could argue that some Statutory Instruments (and the like), and case law, do that and don't involve Parliament. However, what Mr Barrington said was "the facts themselves are meaningless, when it is the interpretation that is flawed". For example, and here's where I disagree with Mr Moors about spinning, in future a Brexiteer might say "since we left the EU there have been no recorded dinosaur attacks anywhere in the UK". That is (very likely to be) a fact, but to interpret it as cause and effect would be wrong.

The fact is that, following the Referendum result, Parliament voted to notify the EU that the UK sought to withdraw from the Union; I suggest that that IS cause and effect.

The only thing that surprises me about the tabloid media coverage of what happened next is that I have yet to see the headline 'Michel Barnier ate my hamster'.

end link