Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

#2005 - John - I have absolutely nothing against you personally and apologise sincerely if my posts have ever indicated otherwise (indeed, as you once remarked, I suspect we share a lot of 60s musical influences in common). That said, I am in no need of chill pills as you describe them.

Equally, my conscience doesn't disturb me on such matters. I could rationally argue that the decision of the electorate was taken in 1975 to join the EU. Despite all the propaganda and guff, it has benefited this country enormously. Even Thatcher was aware of that. If you're so keen to defend democracy then why not support a people's vote in a second referendum? At least that would be on the basis on fact rather than the spin and lies of those hell bent on their own self aggrandisement. Nobody knew the end result of our quitting the EU. Not even the politicians who have access to so much information than we do. Those that say "I knew what I was voting for" are talking blatant crap.

Why are you so afraid of a second decision of the electorate once the facts are fully known?

We're not in this mess because of people like me. We're in it because Cameron decided to take on John Major's "bastards" in a ridiculously unprepared way because he though it would shore up his leadership.

My thoughts and concerns are with the young people of this country who will need to carry on after the likes of you and me are gone.

end link