Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ross Miller wrote:
    I cannot believe that the Government and the Leave campaign didn't foresee the consequences, companies moving HQs out of the UK, companies threatening to move business away if a sensible deal isn't done, farmers struggling to find seasonal workers, the likelihood that it will take decades to unwind the laws around fisheries and farming, the need to meet EU regulations if you wan to do business with them, the shambles that is the Irish border question, the financial impact, getting told we out of the euro arrest warrant scheme etc. etc.

I suppose that's what happens when you enter negotiations without any real clue what you want or what the other side are prepared to give

Out of change comes opportunity. If you think of the car industry cutting loose and leaving the UK you have to think what do they leave. Well, they leave the factories, equipment, skilled labour and an opportunity for the state to launch a new British brand. The same with any other multi-national that moves out of the UK. Wouldn't the 52% + those that are upset with the manner in which the EU have shafted the UK subjects/citizens prefer to buy British once again?

Regarding seasonal farm workers, how about a national COMMUNITY service? Wouldn't that be an option?

Your point about the fisheries and the Irish border are very valid, however, having witnessed the demise of the fishing fleet and knowing many in the local fishing industry, it is of no wonder that the fisherman are vehemently opposed to the EU and what they see as their destruction of our major trade advantage - we are a group of islands after all. The Irish border is a conundrum that I cannot be totally comfortable with - I have not heard a convincing solution from either government as yet.

end link