Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Regrettably, the protests and many protesters against BREXIT are as confused as the government's negotiations for BREXIT. There is an unhappy mix across the nation but many don't know what they are unhappy about!

Fundamentally, what is the best outcome for the UK? I would suggest: access to trade with the EU without having the unfettered immigration mandate and not being restricted on developing trade links outside of the EU; borders but express lanes for pre-checked freight and registered passport holders (i.e. repeat visitors, British passport holders - I concede the Irish border issue is somewhat trickier to administer); the ability to look at EU laws passed into statute here and repeal, amend or re-vision them as appropriate; take control of our agricultural, fishing, manufacturing and other industries; realigning our environmental policies with a global outlook whilst obeying the Kyoto treaty and Paris accord; doing away with "Invitation To Tender" nonsense and allowing councils and government agencies to do what to best for the people they represent rather than neo-liberalisation at all costs. What is so contentious about those things? If those ideals are negotiated on and the government regularly briefed the nation on how it was progressing, there would be much more harmony.

Of course, as I have previously stated, the BREXIT issue should never have been left to any one party to administer - there was an opportunity to get a cross-party BREXIT team together and bind them in a pact akin to the Con-Dem coalition document, but based exclusively on the BREXIT negotiations: a kind of BREXIT cabinet with the shared responsibility (like cabinet ministerial collective responsibility).

(Neo-liberalism: report to Mr McSweeney1 if you are unfamiliar with this immoral policy and require an explanation.)

end link