Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

All this talk of what the people want is misleading, because everybody has their own interpretation to suit their own position. The exact question, of course, was "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?" The multiple choice answer was either "Remain a member of the Europan Union" or "Leave the European Union".

So, no talk of a bespoke trade agreement here, a customs union there. My guess is that the huge majority translated that question to "Do you want to see fewer EU migrants in the United Kingdom?". This is what frustrates me more than anything - was it really not possible between all involved to do something to address this issue?! That would probably have been enough to put the whole saga back to bed. I blame both sides for this; the UK Government for taking the free ride of allowing migrants to be blamed for everything and the EU for being so dogmatic in its approach in not reacting to public concern (across multiple member states), no matter how misguided they believed it to be.

end link