Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Button: Not sure I understand the Options you raise in the context of the points I was endeavouring to make.

The 'Agreement' is deliberately vague on solutions. The thorny issue of the ILB was something I deliberately did not attempt to address in my post. It is far too complicated an issue and requires much deeper considerations at this stage before trade talks have even begun, let alone the prickly issues of 'transitional arrangements'.

The points I was endeavouring to make were simply:

a) to document the dangers of any 'arrangement', 'agreement' or 'commitment' that you may agree to where you subsequently have no control over what happens next, leaving you with liabilities (present or future) that you cannot in any way foresee or change

and,

b) why the UK (the 'leaver') should be required to be the only one to come up with solutions when having quit the EU it is just as much in the other party's interest to have a positive input in finding a solution as it is ours - if the spirit of goodwill continues to prevail on both sides.

Apologies if I failed to make my points clear.

end link