Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You are again right Peter. When bankers and investors can get, I will not say earn, £5.000.000 upwards a year as a salary, not including bonuses, there is something radically wrong and smelly with the political system. The economy should revolve around the consumer, which includes affordable housing and fair wages for all. I have been watching the Labour leadership election. When there is so much criticism and mud-slinging going on towards a left-wing Labour MP who has been an MP for some time, and who has every right to try for the leadership. It makes me think. Why? What are these people afraid of? I think politics has become a big money earner for those at the top of the two main parties. Most are now millionaires through lobbying, the all-party groups, and the fees they can charge for their services, either as share options, non-executive directorships, consultancies, and other lucrative offers.

There are honourable MPs out there but they seem to be kept in the background. If any of the new crop of Labour MPs get in I will not be voting for Labour. With the old voting system my vote would be lost on the Greens, on UKIP, as in the last election, or the Liberals, which is a pity. I do not like militants or Unions that are militant either, but I believe Jeremy Corbyn, who is not a militant, but for the ordinary person, no matter what the tabloids say about him, should be given a chance to prove himself. Another group like Milliband in Labour and we will be back to the Blair and Brown days, two of Corbyn's biggest critics. Let the people vote democratically, without the back-biting interference from those who did very well out of politics in their time as leaders of the government, and we will have what the people really want. An end to austerity and a fairer system where all the money is not at the top, and that includes the top politicians.

Britain is motivated by greed at the top. As I write this government is planning to sell off the government's share, which means the public's share, of the King's Cross railway system. What next The NHS. Already huge portions of publicly owned facilities have been sold to foreign interests, including the London Docks, Scotland Yard as we knew it, and the London Fire stations for well below their true worth, with politicians acting as intermediaries. Is it any wonder that Scotland wants its independence, with Wales and maybe Northern Ireland following closely behind? As a British citizen I am glad the SNP now has a voice in Parliament... I only wished I could have voted for them in the last Election. I only hope the next five years will prove crucial for British politics, when the people have a say in who they want to govern them. I am an old man now, but I would like to leave Britain as I found it... A country with a Commonwealth, a country I can be proud of again. I hope the young wake up to what is really going on before it is too late. As for me. I will always be a thorn in the side of those who would rule us without honour. I still have fond memories of the good days and what my grandfather, my father and my older British brothers and sisters did for us in two terrible world wars.

When the political employees of the people are living like Kings and their employers the real taxpayers are living in Austerity, something is radically wrong with the nation..

end link