Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The older generation should not be thinking of itself. We fought two wars to have a better Britain for all, not just for the affluent few. What the older generation won should be for the future of our Britain and those young who are here now, and those yet to be born. I feel Britain has become a tool of the politicians, a money making machine for the banks, and a country which seems addicted to money laundering, the privatisation of publicly owned assets, and the domain of greedy landlords. The young need to have a choice of careers just as I did when I was a young man... Trade apprenticeships. Honest business practices taught at school, and not useless subjects, which will not mean anything when they leave school. Also a trust in their elders, which is sadly now lacking. The skills of the older generation are being wasted, when they die their skills are gone forever with no young mind growing up to learn the short cuts and to take their places. It cannot be too hard to give a youngster a decent life to look forward to can it? They are the future... Their future not ours. What we have is the means to give it to them.

Democracy must be worked for through the ballot box. To do that the voting system needs to change where one vote is not wasted. At this time and in the recent past, issues which affect us all have been put to a time just before general elections, so promises can be made to con the voters and then broken when the liars are voted in. Recent politics is littered with broken promises. It is about time the political corps in this country was brought to task by the people. I do not see any politician suffering Austerity. Some even have houses to rent. Belong to All-Party lobbying groups. Own consulting companies. And hold non-executive directorships in major firms. Some even playing a major role as middle-men in selling off publicly owned properties to the highest bidder... All to make extra cash for themselves. You only have to look at programs like Dispatches and Panorama to see this WHY? We need to know the truth. There is not enough transparency and that is not good enough. The people are suffering, people who pay most of the taxes, which bail the parasites out. Things need to change or the Britain my generation knew and who the older members of it fought for will suffer fragmentation.

end link