Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was approached in Morrisons car park the other day with an absolute classic.

Bloke claims to be a salesman and has accidentally been given surplus stock.

It's usually watches, but could work with anything I guess. Bloke shows you an advert in a respectable magazine saying said watches retail for £200, but he, "...can let you have one for £50".

So how are they scamming you?

They took out the advert in the magazine and they bought a ton of these watches for about a tenner each. This is the only way they sell them. By running this scam.

I walked away as soon as he got to, "... I have some surplus stock", after he had previously claimed to have stopped me to ask for directions.

The previous time this was tried on me, I asked for them to accompany me to a jewellers to get the watch valued and they suddenly decided they didn't have the time to deal with me.

I first learnt about this from That's Life, so that's at least how old this scam is.

R55 DRE was the number plate. Black. BMW I think (it's nearly always a BMW).

end link