Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Quote "In fact one the protestors shot was found to have nail bombs on him."

He did but it is widely believed that they were planted after the event and even if not it is accepted fact that he was not in the process of throwing them and he certainly was not shot for having them (he was shot accidently in a 2 for 1 event)

Having done riot training and been on the streets of northern Ireland and also been shot at at various times during my service, yes you can distinguish between bullet shot and noise, you can distinguish wether the bullet is heading your way, from left to right, right to left, towards your left or right or away from you.
    On Bloody Sunday members of 1 Para went out with the hope of attaining kills, they were sharing dum dum bullets in the saracen AV en route.
    2 soldiers were responsible for the starting of the incident soldier F and G, ( G has since passed away) and the majority of deaths, they should have faced justice at the time and had there not been a cover up they would.
    Many other soldiers reported bewilderment at what and why protesters were being targeted.

While I would fully support the dropping of charges against members of British Forces NI. Unfortunately i understand why they are not and will not.
    Members of PIRA believe they were fighting a just cause and never signed up to any national accords on rules of war (Geneva convention etc.)
    The British forces have always held themselves to a higher standard and have signed all international accords on rules of war, having signed up to them we have to comply with them, no ifs no buts!

Aside from that there is a Colonel Wilford who broke direct orders in sending armoured vehicles in and and to what extent they were to push the protesters back during the arrests operation (he was awarded an MBE later that year)

end link