Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith Sansum1 wrote:
    There's so much info held on us these days
    Will it really make any difference having these vaccine passports?

That's such a daft argument, much like saying: 'The water's already up to my neck, so will it really make any difference if it goes over my nose?'

Besides, it's not even the point. A vaccination will be recorded on an individual's medical record in any case. A 'vaccine passport'* will require the holder to share his or her private medical status and history with any random bod (club bouncer, football turnstile operator, nosy neighbour, etc.) as a prerequisite for going about his or her business. So it's a civil liberties infringement, and discriminates against people on the basis of their health. But it'll also be utterly useless in practice, given that being vaccinated prevents neither infection nor transmission.

* I prefer to call the thing a 'Digital Movement Permit' or some such. It's not helpful that even many of those opposed to the things have lamely accepted the government's 'passport' label, which makes it sound all warm and cuddly, rather than the prohibition mechanism it is.

end link