Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Just received a scam email allegedly from 'BT' in the form of ' Your Latest BT bill is Online For You To View!"

Telltale signs of this scam email :

+ starts off "Hello BT Broadband Customers"
    + the account number (top right) is wrong. Put your mouse cursor over the account number quoted and hold it there (BUT DON'T CLICK ON IT). You will see an unfamiliar web address that appears bottom left of your screen - mine started "gatsbyfashion......"
    + quotes "Your Latest Bill is Ready" (I'm not due one - so check your own)
    + a proper BT ebilling email does NOT have anything after "ebilling@bt.com". This one had "a****jc1*4@btinternet.com" after it (I've starred out the full quoted email address)"
    + If you put your mouse cursor over the pink "Log In To See Your Bill" and hold it there (BUT DON'T CLICK ON IT) you will see an unfamiliar web address that appears bottom left of your screen - mine started "tiny.cc/......"
    + at the bottom of the email it says "To make sure our emails get to your inbox, add no-reply@bt.com to your address book." whereas:
    legitimate BT emails will say "Make sure BT emails don't get treated as spam by adding ebilling@bt.com to your address book.

Don't click on any links

Do report/forward suspect BT emails to phishing@bt.com

end link