Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I don't understand how not believing in something because of lack of evidence is fundamentalist, nor is atheism forced upon people at the point of a sword, unlike religious beliefs, for which even popes have apologised, particularly the crusades and the inquisition. I think you will find that a lot more wars and conflicts have been started in the name of gods or religion than in the name of atheism, and also also remember that those who believe in the christian god, are atheists in the eyes of other religions, both past and present.
    When I used the words, 'you can't', in my earlier post, I foolishly assumed that forum members would understand the point I was trying to make, so I'll rephrase that part...
    With all the scientific evidence we have today, about atomic structure and evolution for example, there is very little need for a normally intelligent person who lives in a civilised country to fall back to the medieval superstitions called religion based on reading a book.

end link