Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good oxymoron there Barry, 'right wing common sense'.

Roger, I would never accuse you or anyone else on here of being anymore stupid than myself, it was merely a fairly obvious quote from a left-wing paper. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there in middle England that don't possess the reasoning to be able to see Littlejohn's column as just one narrow and right-wing view. It all just affirms their already blinkered outlook, this is the reason they buy the paper. Although not 'from' middle England both you and I could easily be classified as being 'in' it. To me this generally means that everything is alright in someones life (socially/economically) and it is very easy for people that are 'OK' to forget that some people do not have it as easy. These bigoted views actually make it harder for those 'without' to to become those 'with'.

It's the general theme of the Daily Mail; don't rip off the system; if you work hard, you can own a nice semi detached house; our country should be for those people who are prepared to exist by our rules and traditions. All of these would be OK if actually true! The actual reality is those 'with' have it already and as a result don't want anything to change, also a common theme of the paper. Poor people getting rich or any change in the traditional social structure of this country could possibly lead to things changing in a way that is actually meritocratic...god forbid!

You only have to look at the Rothermeres and the lack of adherence to these mantras they preach: The protestant work ethic and not ripping off the system.

Oh yes *sarcastically* they inherit their position and wealth within society, were strong supporters of the fascist party, and more interestingly the last Lord Rothermere was a tax exile. Nice bunch, I'm glad so many buy their papers.

end link