Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

John I have noticed that strange phenomenom.

Close study shows that men do more damage to the sand because they don't have the required size of front shock absorbers as the ladies do. If you watch the female version of the sport (not as exciting as the mens competitions) you will notice their "front air bags" absorb huge amounts of stress and vibration (technically known as "bounce")without seemingly affecting the performance of the players. The sand, however, sticks more and shifts much less as a result.

The reverse is true when the male players compete, and I suspect the cost of providing a constant granular sized sand for them is much more costly and possibly environmentally unacceptable.

Through my own little bit of careful study I am drawn to the conclusion that beach volleyball should only be played by the ladies in order to reduce the impact of the sport on the environment. However, I need to do much more up close and in depth studying before publishing my conclusions.

end link