Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I'm no expert on financing or new constructions but I hope I have a feel for the town and what could or could not attract visitors and enhance the town.Asda ain't it!!!Most towns have an Asda so why shop in Dover?No reason.

If the Council really wanted to do something they could have built a Square with cafes & restaurants surrounded by Antique type shops making it a place to visit before you return to Europe or your Cruise Liner.Buy a genuine antique or a bit of old silver,an old gold fob watch etc you get my drift.We could challenge Brighton for the title by offering discounted rents to attract some major players.Even a well known Auction house on the doorstep of Europe could attract the odd entrepreneur from mainland Europe looking for a bargain.We need something that other towns dont have.We will never be a typical British seaside resort cos of our pebble beaches.We have tons of historical sites that could be linked with a regular steam pulled Pullman stopping in Dover.A combined rail and White Cliffs Tour..Where after you have seen the sights one could browse around the square take in a coffee and look around.This combined with arts and crafts shops may just may be the answer all I do know is that Asda definitely isn't the solution to Dovers long term problems.

Here endeth the lesson.

end link