Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hear hear, Terry, as we have concurred before.

I know Graham too from my days at the East Kent Mercury, and he's a lovely chap. But there's no point forcing a positive spin onto the gloomy reality of Dover's current shanty town status without there being tangible evidence to the contrary, such as the legion carbuncles being demolished, rebuilt, tarted up or at least moving ahead in some manner.

Again, one more of umpteen times: I'll believe it when I see it.

And to re-iterate, Terry, echoing your sentiments: Asda would be the ultimate nail in the coffin for the town. What Dover needs and deserves is a more gentle, organic, sympathetic and considered level of town planning - not the rapacious, cadaverous Wal-Mart Mothership landing in Townwall Street, swallowing, choking and clogging everything around it, and thereby sucking the marrow of that which is already stuffed to the gunwhales anyway.

DDC, DHB, SEEDA et al: pass the brain cell, please, if you have one, there's good chaps...

Happy Dover daze...White Army and that!

Andy

end link