Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Guys Guys Guys...Ive had a few complaints in over the past few days on a series of things...so although reluctant to say anything of a dreary moderating nature I suppose I must. Ive picked this thread at random as there are some things here to highlight. But nowadays its essential that this entire Club be self moderating. Moderating anything is a negative pursuit timewise...ie a waste of valuable time for me.

WE all know each other for a number of years and even the few newer ones have fitted in very well and are welcome. There are only 60 of us, so this should be do-able(there are actually 66 but 6 are chocolate teapots and buggerall use to anybody and therefore due for the axe). You are all upstanding members of the community and dont need me to tell you whats what.

Firstly can we all tolerate each others postings a bit better. I know sometimes they can be irritating, as we have seen on another thread or two, but nevertheless try a bit more toleration all round. Live and let live kind of thing. I'll even try myself.

On this thread there are a few things worth mentioning for future ref.
    Can we outlaw the use of the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ business. This is insulting to someone, in this case BarryW, who has made an effort, so its not nice. So Keef and Brian go stand in the corner!! If you dont like the post or the thread dont get involved in it. Say nothing. Nothing is good.

Keef you have brought up resurrecting the Politics Page a number of times. Its not much use missing it now, or regretting its loss, as there was one fortnight there when only 4 guys went on it. That in my book is total stagnation so No...we cant bring it back, just to lie there like an abandoned lump of nothing. I know we have a political content in the mainstream but its part of what we are. There are countless other threads too, non-political. So I hope that keeps everybody fairly happy. Nobody is probably totally happy but we do our best.

As Roger is often fond of saying..."Use it or lose it!" the same applies to this whole forum bit. If this was to stagnate too for a considerable time then this would go n all. You cant afford to hang around.

Also BarryW thats a bit harsh there on Sid too, re questioning his morals and so on. That kind of thing might have been okay when it was mostly anonymous peeps on here with pseudynoms but not now where everyone is named and open..so therefore we have to restrain some of our outpourings.Rein in that passion!

I think I will make this thread stick at the top for a while so I dont have to repeat myself...so all in all things seem okay but keep it relativly pleasant as its all supposed to be enjoyable. But dont enjoy yourselves too much as it might be bad for you !

end link