Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Howard I think you will find they were jeering Darlings absurd so called budget with the fantasy figures he produced for expected growth. The budget was purely a political budget not one designed for the benefit of the UK.

Dave1- Politics is fascinating at the moment because we are seeing the well deserved disintegration of this wretched Government. All the more so thanks to the internet and the mass of information that was never previously available.

You can say whatever you like about those speeches, they went down well with the political commentsariate, just look back at politicshome.com to see that.

With another poll out today showing a 19% Conservative lead, compared to 18% in the two immediatly previous polls (the only 3 mainstream polls so far since the budget) I think DC is doing pretty well at the moment.

Brian - did you not read up exactly what the PH100 is. Its not a biased political group, its a balanced group of political insiders including MPs, journalists and others from accross the Party spectrum and none. Three quotes that you may have missed because they were given at the bottom of the page:

----
    A non-aligned media panellist said: 'One struggles to take Labour announcements seriously - just one pointless initiative after another.'

A Lib Dem parliamentarian reckoned: 'Labour seem to have run completely into the sand.'

Even a Labour MP confessed: 'I pay a bit more attention to Tory announcements than I used to.'
    -------

end link