Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Very interested to read this John. I have spend a great deal of time researching what exactly the commandos were doing at the Redoubt - the Operation is one of my three or four 'pet' projects.

It is indeed Lord Lovat He is pictured on the afternoon of the 21st April 1942 briefing officers of No.4 Commando and of the Canadian Carleton and York Regiment. The raid that took place that evening was designated Operation Abercrombie and was a two hour reconnaissance raid on the pages of Hardelot near Boulogne. The office peering down is Captain Gordon Webb who led a party to destroy a searchlight battery on the early hours of the 22nd.

I am a bit reluctant to give the game away as to what happened at this stage, so I hope you pick up a copy of Dover Life later this month!

Some of those commandos and Canadians left their graffiti in the fort. Can I ask what his name was please John? I may have something in my files...

end link