Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I love the way you are all downplaying this and Sid as usual throwing in his red herring instead of addressing the specific point.

Lets just look at a couple of issues from his record as examples.

One of the first actions of the Labour Government in 1997 was to cancel the road building programme which meant the A2 dualling was cancelled. This went with barely a murmur from our new MP GP, he clearly did not want to rock the boat and was quite happy to sacrifice the interests of Dover to the policies of his new Government.

Then there is Buckland Hospital. Paul Watkins, as Tory Candidate, identified a threat from the trust and GP denied it. Apparently he had written to the Trust, obtained a reply and filed it. When PW's revelations were confirmed GP weakly complained that he had been misled by the Trust. He sould not have just taken their word, he should have worked harder to probe their intentions and ask awkward questions but he failed to do so. He was pathetic and clearly did not want to rock to boat.

It seems the motivation claimed by Tony is born out by those two cases. GP is lazy and lacks the tenacity and forensic ability to dig deep into issues on behalf of those he represents.

As for when my views of GP were formed, they were even earlier than 1997 Sid, they were formulated when he was a Councillor, he was out of his depth then. His actions and inactions as MP have confirmed my view, indeed reinforced it.

As for Tony being a loose cannon, come off it, he was no Ken Tranter, far from it. It takes something pretty serious to make such a committed supporter turn so spectacularly against the sitting MP.

Speaking from memory, was not Tony Labour leader when you were a Labour Councillor, Sid? Perhaps you voted for him to gain that capacity....

end link