Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Funny old world. Don't we want clear statements and answers from politicans that they can be held to or would you prefer a lot of ifs and buts?

I have to say that I did not read exactly what Lansely said and have only the manner of the Express report to go by, so I am not sure if the statement was the former or latter.... I certainly hope it was a clear statement as that will give Charlie, as our MP, a lot of leverage over the new Government on Dover's behalf. The problem is though, how far down the road will the present half baked proposals have gone in two years and will it be practical then to get the facilities upgraded to a real hospital? Clearly there would be a point at which such a huge financial commitment will have beeen made that it might be impossible to deliver a proper hospital without huge monetary waste and that might not be realistic.

Surely, PaulB, you would welcome a clear statement of intent, if that indeed what it was. But then you would no doubt prefer not to have something pledged that will help the Conservative campaign....

end link