Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The banner on the frontpage of this weeks Dover Express screams the "We'll Build a Hospital!" headline. This of course follows yet another Tory shadow cabinet visitation from on high. They come, they see, they conquer..or so they would have you beleive. But once again the reality is its just another tiresome photo opportunity with little local relevence. Some could say its electioneering at its worst because what they promise is unlikely to ever happen.

We had a similar type of visitation only recently when Therese Villiers, okay dont ask, came and surveyed the difficulties we have with the A258. The idea being that she would look at it and get something done. The A258 is a very painful road for many of us. But we all know dont we that these visitations accomplish very little...no I'll reword that..accomplish nothing. We have been seeing them for years. It fills newspaper pages I guess, but the end result is nothing other than that. I know...I like a good photo opportunity myself but Im not entirely convinced that some of these visits are not just playing us for mugs.

This recent visit that led to the hospital quote was by Andrew Lansley, Conservative Shadow Health Secretary, but he is not singing from the same Tory hymn sheet as local head honcho Paul Watkins who is playing down this hospital idea and always has.

On one hand we have the Tory election campaign promising us everything we ever need, on the other hand we have the local Tory reality check.

Which one do you believe?

end link