Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

There is a lot of truth in what Vic says about working so many hours on low pay for 50 years or more and come 65, you want to pack it in.

I wouldn't call teachers or firemen low-paid people nowadays, but that's not the point; there are many poeple who don't earn reams of money and have to be very careful for most of their working life.

When the Conservative Government in 1997 were voted out, the economy was the strongest it had been for years.

Successive robbing the general public of various stealth-type taxes over the last 12 years is a big part of what now makes people poor and we have no, or very little benefit in where that money is supposed to have gone.

I don't have the figures, but I'm sure they are somewhere, where you can see how much you paid in taxes on things - petrol, road tax, TV licences, NI contributions etc. etc. etc. in 1997 and what you pay now.

All food stuffs have gone up not because of greedy farmers, but distribution costs due to higher taxes on fuel etc.

Everything has gone up so much over these last 12 years because the (Labour) government have robbed you and not improved the services that the money was taken for - nowhere enough anyway.

These are reasons why people couldn't save, couldn't go on holidays, couldn't do the things that working their arses off all year, should have allowed them to do.

Roger

end link