Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Agree with you Roger, it was a pleasure to speak with Steve Ladner, who I have know for some time, who thenintroduced me to Nazaneen Ghaffer during the brief visit to Blake's between rowing duties to collect the cheque from Peter & Kathryn.

It was also good to meet Stuart as I know his father quite well and speak about some past experiences with Dover Lifeboat especially as I went for a trip on it during the evening before the Great Storm of 87 when the Acting Coxswain was the 'always involved' Roy Cousens headed the crew who went to the aid of a stricken ship just outside the Western Entrance.

These guys do an extraordinary service to the community without pay (Only the Coxswain and the Engineer get paid I understand) risking their lives in all weathers to help those in danger at sea or on our shores and need all the support they can get.

end link