Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I can see this argument from both sides. The miner should be in one of the mining villages in one way, but how many will see it tucked away out there? Being where it is now it is seen by locals and tourists alike and as Paul said, it's very popular. Not many tourists visit our villages so a whole host of people wouldn't see it if it were in one of those which would be a shame.
    Two things I would find interesting would be
    a. How many of the residents of the mining community villages actually have a connection with the mines? and
    b. If a ballot were to be held of these residents, how many of them would say they wanted the statue in their community rather than where it is now?

My late neighbour's husband was a miner at Snowdown colliery but they lived in Dover for over 50 years, I wonder how many others lived in Dover.
    Like Colette I love Marek's thoughts on it all. On balance I personally would like it to stay where it is, but sadly it's not up to us

end link