Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Bob Frost was there! Yup faced with a fait accompli of St James. TOO much investment. TOO many people, both councillors and locals having drunk the Kool-Aid.

As ever the local Dover excuse, quote, 'we didn't actually lose money on it'!

(See every other DDC grande project and 'creative' accounting)

Whilst on t'council I spent a lot of time at LGA conferences (never claimed expenses) talking to major players in retail and other councils, many pleasently suprised if retailers could pay utility bills never mind about business rates.

That was pre-Corvid, after which 'all bets are off'.

Having travelled much of the country (greetings from just below Folly Bridge Oxford - just gotta see the Alfred Jewel in the Ashmolean again) I STILL think Dover has more potential than most places I have visited.

It would not be difficult to do something with the town, meanwhile you/we have the farce of the Maison Dieu cycle route (other people's money, gotta spend it), the rapid bus scene (other people's money so we have to spend it) and there is a certain 'high ranking' council officer who still has a working model of a ski-lift up to the Castle in his office......

Best of luck. I'm away for a while .....

end link