Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ross Miller thank you for your help and information. The million plus I am on about is the amount of money, held by DTC , presumably from taxes etc. in reserve. Their books/ accounts are hard to follow or understand and seem to be rather fuzzy around the edges. They have about 5 or 6 cash books too and at least 2 accounts with different banks. I must admit to being rather surprised at the lack of response from the Town councillors on this forum. Do their codes of conduct not require them to be "open" when serving the town in the role they decided to stand for. How can they be bound by confidentiality when that flies in the face of everything they allegedly stand for and are answerable for? It does appear that our town clerk has a vested interest in a number of projects yet , does her role as clerk not conflict directly with a number of those interests? I don't mean to cast doubt on anybody's ethics but having everything documented and open for scrutiny disperses any possible doubt before it can even start. Tersons are involved I believe. They run a business, not a charity so they will want paying for work done. Also, if more Cllrs are going to be involved, will it become the same sort of venture as Pebbles, run by a Cllr but only viable part of the time? It comes back to the root of the problem that persists in Dover; lack of openness in most things DTC is connected with.

end link