Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes I heard a little piece about this on the radio this morning. There is a great deal of cynicism in the feature but nevertheless I think there is some truth in the notion that we are all much more scared than ever. We all have the jitters about swine flu for example on a scale unheard of. Dave1 in another thread talked about a whole new section in a local hospital been set up to deal with it...like never seen before. Today the government are setting up new phonelines and a website...so with all this misery megatalk of widespread predicted death on TV last night and on the radio this morning, the upshot is that if you werent scared before you are now.

The latest scary story is that British Airways and Virgin are refusing to take sick looking people onboard their aircraft. You look sick you dont fly.Is this the black death I ask myself.

We dont let kids play outdoors anymore for fear of accidents or abductions and so on so on...we live in fear. Its the George Orwell society.

However having said all that. I believe the space race will re-commence. The Russians have been talking about Mars and so have the Chinese..and I believe even the newly wealthy Indian nation is talking space travel. So I think the ball game is about to re-awaken.

We dont want the Chinese to get to Mars first do we?? No sirreeee bob..get them western stars and stripes on there and its always nice knowing that us Brits supplied the teabags for the kitchen and maybe a bit of glue for the wings of the craft extraordinaire!

"This is ground control to Major Tom!"

end link