Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Bern that is awful, these people are the lowest of the low. A friend of mine was burgled last week and it really is so destructive, especially at a time when things seem hard anyway!

You don't need to labour the point Roger; I understand everything you are saying. I'd also like to say that I know you are a thoroughly nice chap whose actions and activities, I feel, contradict the Thatcher mentality. You promote the idea of people working together because you understand that we can achieve more together rather than thinking about ourselves first, and buying from the internet or out of town, your work is outstanding.

My point is that the Thatcher years were a direct negative influence on our present state. I could never deny the existence of individuals and that these individuals make up society, by the fact that you acknowledge this shows that you are not aligning with the far right line that Mrs T took (People who take this view usually use absurd terminology such as 'a group of individuals' as opposed to accepting society). Margaret Thatcher subscribed to the notion that if you sort out yourself first then all will be well (enlightened self-interest...or selfishness as I would call it). This is what Thatcher promoted, if you work hard, you can have loads of cash, in fact more cash than you need and if this is at the expense of others (albeit legal) then fair play (this of course is a lie, because some people work hard all their life and still have very little). This is the problem Roger; this mentality is about placing the emphasis the individual parts as opposed to the whole, this is "individualism'. The fundamental flaw with this mentality is that responsibilities are set out by the 'whole' (society), righteousness is the result of consensus of belief. So if you have responsibilities to society (such as to raise your children in the way we decide is 'right' or pay taxes to provide for infrastructure and health care) then society should provide for you when this falls apart through no fault of your own. (and I'm not talking about the people ripping the system off, who are also acting in 'self interest')

If you have responsibilities to society then you have certain rights within that system (Newton's 3rd law of motion and all that). This is what Mrs.T attempted to remove and she would make no excuses for! If you don't like this model then perhaps you should question whether you like her so much!

end link