Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

And on that note, I hear that several houses near to me, including my neighbours next door, have been burgled in the past couple of weeks - and we have heard nothing from the police, not a note through the door, nothing warning us that the area is being targetted. These scum have stolen our neighbours kids Christmas presents as wll as everything else and there appears little the police can or will do to warn us or to protect us. If there have been a spate of burglaries in one place, where are the extra patrols, the bobbies on the beat, the reassuring presence of blue serge? There has been zip. And just to make us all feel that little bit scabbier, two young boys (can only be 7/8 and 10/11) have decided in the last few days to use the cars in our road as football goalposts - in the middle of a busy road next to a crossroad junction - and bash footballs into the cars, despite polite requests (becoming less polite...!) to use the park instead. The older one telling me I can't tell him what to do and "I ain't moving". He ran across the road with his football yesterday and a car turned fast into the road almost running him down - his only response was to yell at the driver and make hand gestures. These kids are at risk - from cars, from others. My car is at risk!! Ditto my blood pressure! Oh, and the police have told us that the CCTV notice we have recently seen installed doesn't actually mean we have CCTV (my neighbour thought a CCTV camera might have captured the burglars) - it just means we might have one day if the mobile CCTV van visits. What the **** is that about?
    If my car is damaged I will sue the a*** off the kids parents, I know where they live - if my house is burgled I will expect an apology from the police for not protecting me. Not forgetting that the blame actually lies with the burglars and the kids parents. I may seem a little angry - it is because I am.

end link