Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

DT1

I aligned with the Conservatives because I feel that they reward hard work more and Labour reward and seem to encourage, those on benefit to stay there.

I don't believe in class, although I accept it is still quite prevalent; I do believe that the vast majority of people who vote Conservative are ordinary working class people who, due to what has happened over the last 11 years, simply distrust Labour - as I do.

Those who are older, harp on about Maggie and what she cut out - much of what she cut out was dead-wood and bad practices (O.K. I'm not talking about school milk, but how much of that was actually drunk - warm milk is horrible, which is what school milk was).

I completely disagree John that she kept the working man down - I was and still am a working (class) man - not working though, not paid work anyway. She did try to curtail the too-strong union practices and of course they had many thousands of members - I was a member of the union when I worked for NatWest; but in many cases the unions don't have the best of the members interests at heart, more their own political agenda.

Going back 50 years, we had orange-drink at school, I don't know who cut that out.

It wasn't a case of making a selfish society as someone said, but a society where hard-work was rewarded. Laziness should never be rewarded. Being on benefits should never be a way of life, but a safety net.

I just cannot understand how ordinary people keep voting Labour when it is Labour who are keeping them down and letting them down too.

Conservatives give a hand-up to a better life, Labour principles seem to have nothing to do with helping improve anyone's life, but with keeping people in their place - where ever that is - giving them a hand-out and taxing higher and higher all those in work.

The only thing I can see that will agree on, is that we must agree to differ - and obviously quite fundamentally.

Roger

end link