Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I didnt see the whole speech myself Sid but saw excerpts of it on the BBC News. It was much of the same old stuff, although more forceful according to the BBC, although Im not sure what that means. But the surprising thing was the massive coverage the BBC gave it. Lead story covered in depth in what was essentially old news.

He did though call for a general election to be held now. That bit was new I suppose. Somehow this call for a general election didnt make it into the headlines where one would have thought it might.

The Conservatives have been complaining about the BBC's lack of impartiality, meaning of course that they favour Labour. They( the BBC) certainly addressed that particular accusation tonight.

As for the broken society. No, its unfortunate to describe your own country in such a way, its akin to talking down the pound as we saw the other week. Society isnt broken. Its more diversified, more complex, more multicultural than it used to be, but not broken. Its thriving in so many ways.

For example I heard today on the same news bulletin, how our school kids are triumphing in science and maths and have soared up the World results table....now among the best in the world. We used to have this debate before about kids leaving school today. They are as good if not better than they ever were. No a broken society doesnt produce results like that.

end link