Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The story runs and runs ...

Following a chat at the Christmas Party the other night with Mike Webb we have the following for your perusal....

The Sun following discussions with Mike has agreed to make a series of goodwill gestures to the people of Dover. It has published Mike Webbs letter- see below - and among other things has agreed to contribute £500 towards the Mayors Goodwill Fund. It has already withdrawn all reference to the phoney Franci Rossi story from its website.

Mike Webb said..
    "The turning around of this negative story has been a difficult and time-consuming process. However, it was very necessary, given this Council's good work, and the image-damage suffered by our town. I can only question the motive of the person responsible for taking this inaccurate non-story to a national paper, in the first place.

Other benefits include the good publicity surrounding my invitation and that of DCAL to meet Francis Rossi."

Copy below of the letter in The Sun on friday.

Further to your numerous articles about Dover Town Council and a man posing as Status Quo's Francis Rossi, I would like to make clear Dover Town Council has not spent any money on this matter, no Council decision has been made as the Council has not been involved and there has been no unauthorised use of the Mayoral car.

Michael Webb
    Town Clerk
    Dover Town Council
    Kent.

end link