Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I heard Nick Clegg, Leader of the Libdems, who is beginning to shine as a leader in these past few weeks, ie. calling for the Speaker to go before anyone else (such a call was never considered the gentemanly thing to do before) and also supporting Joanna Lumley before anyone else. Cameron had to catch up with that one and Brown eventually got the message.

But with regard to the membership of the euro. This has slipped out of frontline politics for the moment but Nick Clegg again in that recent sunday morning interview said that one day we will have to wake up to the changing world and join the larger currency. A small island with such an unstable pound currency will not be sound in the longer term. The £ currency is volatile. In the longer run and Ive said this before on here so I guess Nick Clegg must be reading my notes ...in the longer run the stability of the larger group will be essential. I think Im right in saying that The Euro has remained very stable in the current crises and that the Eurozone generally, I say generally as there are one or two exceptions, has not felt the pain quite like we have in the UK.

end link