Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As someone responsible for a lot of contracting out of services over a 5 year period I totally refute Marek's idea of what CO is all about. In fact it is about delivering a specified level of service that can be higher than previously, delivered cost effectively.

When preparing Dover Sports centre for the initial contracting out bid DDC spent a fair bit of capital bringing the building up to scratch and then within the contract asked for the bidders to include additional capital investment to improve facilities as part of the bid. If my memory serves my right the winning bidder spent capital on the bar and refreshment area. A considerable amount of money was saved by the successful bid with improved facilities. The staff were mostly re-employed and there was still a team feeling, something created by good management practises rather than any 'public sector' bull.

end link