Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As still own property in Dover I feel I can voice my opinion on the state of Pencester Gdns.

Firstly the Council have tried to improve them by building a super kids play area and skateboard and bike area.However bushes,hedges and the flowers have all but disappeared.Other than the presence of the Dour struggling to trickle through its path to the sea the rest of the area looks pretty shabby.I stopped taking Natascha there as she felt threatened by the drunks,the unleashed dogs and feral kids whose language can only be described as ripe and vulgar.

Outsourcing is done for one reason and one reason only and that is to provide a reduced service at a lower cost to the taxpayer.The end result is normally that the labour hired is from the lower end of the skilled ladder and therefore cheaper to hire.Resulting in poorer care.

In Jersey the Parishes are required by law to maintain their public areas to a high standard.They are also required to cut the hedgerows on a regular basis failure to do so results in fines which are levied every day the hedge remains uncut or the Parish Green is uncut. So this morning whilst driving Marites to work at 6.30am I noticed the hedges being cut quickly follwed by 2 guys on foot sweeping and collecting the cuttings.2 large roundabouts were being cut and replanted by gangs of workman.A great site and a lovely smell on a summers morning.

Get rid of the drunks and the uncontrollable dogs replant the flower beds allow an ice cream salesman and or a crepe maker to set up site in summer allowing residents to relax in the Park.Make it more welcoming and hire a high Viz Park Keeper whose job would be to maintain the grounds and report any unruly behaviour.Wouldn't it be nice to reclaim this little bit of Dover back for Dovorians.

end link