Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Many thanks for the photos and video link, Patrick, and for the info on who is looking after things now the Channel Dash Association has been wound up. I will pass this on to David when I next see him.

Apologies, too, for not replying to your post last February. I did contact the Association with an enquiry as to arrangements for the 80th anniversary, mentioing mine and David's link with the memorial in Nov/Dec 2021, but received a reply to the effect that there would be the event at Manston with the suggestion that "due to security, space and the limitation of invited guests" it would not be open to the general public and there was no more space for invited guests. The service for February 13th, 2022, was referred to, but by that time David was unable to travel following a back operation, which he is still recovering from, and additionally Covid may have in any case got in the way of things.

If you hear anything about arrangements for 2024, I would be grateful if you would let me know and I'll see what David and I can do about getting down, age permitting on my part then as I will be just short of 80.

end link