Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The cost of basic food is rising at an alarming rate. Once upon a time the essentials were cheap or fairly cheap...bread, milk, eggs, and so on, but now they have doubled in price in near record time. Arent we all in effect paying for the whims of the well off middle classes, those with far too much dosh in their pockets, getting snooty and sniffy about how chickens are rared, or getting all suburban cul-de-sacy about the organic state of the humble carrot...and worrying unduly, and whats worse, making the rest of us worry, about the so called state of the planet.

Where once we didnt give a stuff about chickens as long as we got our eggs cheap, we got 'em regular, and we got 'em smiling sunny side up...now we are all riddled with guilt every time we dip our soggy soldiers in that lovely yellow yoke.

The scientist bods have told us there are no health advantages in organic so are we all paying extra for nothing. No advantages.

The organic movement is a bit of a laugh isnt it, flying organic produce thousands of miles around the globe by heavily polluting intercontinental jets and they still call the flowers or the bananas or whathaveyou organic when it arrives on the shelf. People then have to pay more for this fancy dan stuff...where you can get the humble local tulip without the organic price tag attached, but I guess its not good enough any more.

I'll just add this bit...remember there is 1000,000,000 (thats a 1000million to the math dyslexix) Chinese who eat what they like when they like, they couldnt give a rats ass about global warming, so what chance you and me making a difference in that global tide of apathy. Not much.

end link