Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Whether or not I like them is irrelevant. I do like some of these ideas, but as I mentioned about local taxation, these are just ideas and the implications could be just extend the inequalities that are at the root of our societies 'sickness'. We could land up with areas like Dover getting sicker. Not wanting to be a cliche, but money goes to money. The rich would get richer (in the sociological sense) and the poor could get poorer)...a recuring theme in Conservative thinking.

By no means do I dismiss traditional values, just assess theire relevance to the present. As I have said on another thread, what was right in the past isn't necessarily right now, the present is for the living. (I think I nicked that from Thomas Paine) Many elements of my life are very traditional as are many of my views. The incongruence of most traditionalists (Daily Mail Reading types, conservative with a small 'c') is their blind subscription to capitalism, the catalyst of progress and change!

end link