Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Is this really a new Morrisons or are they being used as a cover to build something very secret and very sinister? Why all the secrecy? Why is whatever being constructed being done so behind high white boardings with no markings? Why are there no customary hoardings shouting "New Morrisons opening soon?" What are we to make of the exchange on the Open Forum where Howard said "I was told that it is definitely a new Morrisons" and Paul Watkins replied enigmatically "They hold the planning permissions, Howard." I think we should be told.

This all reminds me of when the Japanese constructed their Yamato class super-battleships prior to WW2. They were enormously larger than the naval treaty limitations and were accordingly built in great secrecy with the shipyards surrounded by giant screens and the workers required to live and work inside and forbidden to leave until the ships were completed.

Apparently the workers at the Morrisons site are allowed to eat at the cafe over the road so I think we can tentatively eliminate a Japanese battleship as a candidate for the secret construction so what does this leave? The following possibilities immediately spring to mind:

1. A GCHQ listening post at the point closest to mainland Europe as the Russians start to kick up again.

2. An MI5 outstation to monitor undesirables passing through the Port of Dover.

3. An Open Prison by the back door after the original plan was rejected.

4. A Nurses Home for a sprawling new General Hospital.

5. Another second home for Hazel Blears.

end link