Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

What you say is so true Rick. As you say, there are very few clothes shops in Dover and if people are going to other towns to buy clothes they're hardly going to come back to Dover for food shopping. Added to that of course is the new fad of buying all your supermarket stuff online and having it delivered. Personally I like to see what I'm buying, specially my fruit and vegetables, but I know that a lot of people do shop online these days because they find it easier. Then there's electrical goods. You can buy a kettle, an iron, even a cooker or fridge in a supermarket now as well as CDs, cameras, phones, everything bar the kitchen sink it seems. In fact I've also noticed that very close to most supermarkets there's a DIY store like B&Q or Homebase, so what you can't get in one you can virtually go next door and buy. I know it's hard on the High Street but as I believe you mentioned in an earlier posting - times are changing and that change has been brought about by demand from us - Joe public. Who is going to park the car (and pay) and walk the length of a high street when they can park free in a superstore carpark and get it all under one roof without having to carry heavy bags, or getting wet if it rains. I am one of those people I'm afraid. I don't like shopping but when it has to be done I would rather get it all in one place and get back to the interesting things in my life. This is the 21st century and we all have to accept that - the computer and supermarkets are the norm - not traipsing round shopping centres.

end link