Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was in the jobcentre today (don't ask - I have a job!) and there was a woman on the phone giving someone a real ear-bashing because they wouldn't buy her a washing machine as hers was broken. I don't know first hand how these places work, and was surprised to find that people were able to use the phones to abuse people trying to give them a leg up. I was also surprised that women apparently can't hand wash these days - the thrust of this womans ear-splitting and obscene whine was that she would have to wait 2 weeks for her new washing machine that I am buying for her out of my taxes. She was threatening to keep the kids off school until it arrived as she wouldn't be able to keep their clothes clean. In my day (I know, I know...) we sucked it up and got on with it. I was without a machine when ours broke for some time when ours were small (now in their teens and just above) and I hand washed everything, dried it where I could and ironed for England. I didn't expect someone to buy me a new one (apart from my Old Man!!) and I didn't ear bash anyone because I was without a machine that women were without for centuries not so long ago.

PS - she was after a "crisis loan" to buy the machine. I was not aware that lacking a washing machine was a crisis, and we all know about how many of these "loans" are actually paid back!!!

end link