Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Terry, The Crypt had a s.215 Notice served on it thanks, I believe, to the efforts of Pat Sherratt (Dover Society) who peruaded DDC, using a model from Hastings that obtained considerable success there, to get property owners to clean up untidy and often neglected buildings. DDC has had some success by way of these Notices in trying, initally, to persuade owners to carry out the necessary work within a set timescale or, as a last resort, by enfocement action.

The problem with the Crypt is that it is a Mediaeval Undercroft and Grade II Listed.

This should not preclude the owner from tidying up this monumental eyesore visible to many a visitor to the area. The same could be said of the building alongside (can't recall the name of it at present) that faces Townwall Street that has been empty and in a poor state or repair for years.

Like most things, action to enforce the likes of s.215 Notices takes time, resources and cash. Something that Councils these days have increasingly little of, whilst resources are allocated to more 'pressing' and urgent needs (as they see it).

I know Pat reads this forum and will correct me if I am incorrect in any of the above.

end link