Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks for the comments chaps, I'll pass them on to Maureen.

Regarding the pub Roger, it is only a rumour and it did surprise me. Until I hear of any corroboration it wouldn't be right to comment.

Regarding your comments about take-aways Paul, the LRCF did oppose the moving of the White Cliffs Tandoori in London Road. I made it plain at the planning meeting (Roger W was sitting on the committee) that it wasn't the move as such that we objected to but the fact that yet another take-away was being approved. IF the licence could have been recinded on the old premises then there would be no problem and the status quo would have remained. However, moving premises increased the number of possible outlets. At the end of my statement I wished the Choudury's good luck with their venture.

Litter is a problem. People fall out of the pub at closing time, collect their take-away, eat it on the way, chuck the styrene boxes in the road a few hundred yards further on and then chuck up another couple of hundred yards later.

Deep joy.

Terry

end link