Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

A death in the family (my wife's aunt, three weeks short of her 100th birthday, the aunt that is not my wife) prompted me to place an annoucement in the Dover Express. Sadly, the Dover office is no longer open, the reporters are still there thinking about this week's exposé but no staff to take ads. Thus it was with bus pass in hand I ventured over to the vast building that is Simon Finlay's castle. That sort of ad you see must be made in person.

Rumours also abound of another town centre pub closure. Where will it all end?

On the slightly brighter side I've watched the former Volunteer Centre in Ladywell being done up. This will now be a tattoo parlour. Another empty shop re-opening is the former RSPCA shop in London Road, next to SPAR. Oliver O'Connor, photographer extraordinaire, will re-locate from Ladywell. What will become of those premises one wonders?

Just to change tack slightly, you all know I prefer ASDA to Tesco but if I hear Perry Como's "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" on more time I will just have to take to the bottle!

Terry

end link