Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I dont agree with animal cruelty Keith but I have simply a more worldly view of hunting/shooting/fishing issues.

Tradition, Chris cannot be dismissed that easily though many like you and Blair would love to do so. Traditions are close to the heart of many people and are part of the glue that holds a society together.

It is very important, extremely important in fact, to the Armed Forces, for good reasons. When on the frontline it is true that a soldier is fighting more for themselves and their mates than for Queen and Country. But overlying that is a pride in their Regiment and its history, they want to live up to their previous generations and are inspired by them.

The Brigade of Guards won the right to the bearskins in battle on the field at Waterloo in the defeat of Napoleon's Imperial Guard. Todays generation are proud of that. Try going to Purbright (I think it is), stand in the parade ground and tell them that they have to wear some twee artificial creation of Westwood instead. You would get a well deserved bayonet lodged in a certain part of your anatomy that will prevent you from sitting down.

If you dont believe me go to the Army Rumour Service (ARRSE) website to see what the soldiers themselves are saying about it.

end link