Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It is the sad state of the world today that means if a police officer gives a child a 'severe ticking-off' the outcome is more likely to be the parents threatening to sue the police for abuse than them chastising the child. I recall with some disbelief a police officer suggesting at a public meeting that parents should take some responsability for their children being answered with cries of,"outragious, disgusting and how dare he'. My father often warned me that if I got into trouble he would drive me to the police station himself and yet these days the parents appear more keen to provide alibi's than have their children pulled up for wrong doing. Only yesterday I heard a mother demanding that a school call in and speak to the children because her son had been kicked while in a tackle during a football game. My father would have just got me some shin pads.

end link