Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The state of many public spaces locally and indeed countrywide is indeed shameful.

I have just been speaking to my brother who yesterday returned from cycling from Bangkok to Hanoi with his wife.

He found up-to-date infrastructure, excellent roads and hardly any litter all the way. There was next to no crime or graffiti. Thailand was mostly full of Thais, Laos Laotians and Viet-Nam Vietnamese, all proud of their country and pushing the next generation into education through paying for tutors and after school clubs. The whole area had a feel of optimism and modernity in spite of bits of it being bombed to oblivion within my lifetime.

Having spent last weekend in the Caliphate of Londonistan (and I was in a nice bit) using public transport with people who seemed to be waiting for a stop at the Tower of Babel, stepping over beggars as I came out of the Concert Hall and now finding my clothing reeks of 'exotic cheroots' which the yoof seem to smoking on every corner, I honestly despair of this country.

It seems it is only private space into which the great unwashed are allowed on sufferance, like the Royal Parks, the Barbican, Canary Wharf & Kings Cross Coal Drops Yard, that one feels amongst civilisation in 2024 and can use a smartphone or check the time on a half decent watch without keeping your head on a swivel, but even there one does it to the sound of the NPAS 'ghetto buzzard'.

end link